Since Hurricane Katrina devastated the Gulf Coast and its cultural heritage in 2005, the Mississippi Arts Commission has been working in arts recovery and emergency preparedness in an effort to support and assist our arts constituents before, during and after times of disaster. We are here to help you or your local arts entity in any way possible.
We encourage you to share information about recovery resources with those you serve. Below are links to organizations that provide assistance and support for artists and arts organizations in times of disaster.
For arts organizations: www.artsready.org
Emergency Preparedness Plan
Below are links to resources that we hope will assist you as you create an emergency preparedness plan.
Other local, regional and national resources
- Federal Emergency Management Association
- American Association of Museums
- Americans for the Arts Emergency Relief Fund
- Craft Emergency Relief Fund (CERF+)
- Mississippi Museum Fund
- The American Institute for Conservation of Historic & Artistic Works
- Heritage Preservation: Heritage Emergency National Task Force
- Institute for Museum and Library Services
- National Trust for Historic Preservation
- Volunteer Lawyers for the Arts
- Mississippi Emergency Management Agency