JACKSON, MISS. – January 14, 2022 – In advance of the agency’s annual grant round, which opens Tuesday, Feb. 1, the Mississippi Arts Commission will host a series of presentations and webinars to assist grant applicants. The deadline to apply for MAC grants is Tuesday, March 1.
Titled “Meet the MAC,” presentations will take place in locations around the state offering an overview of the agency’s grants and information on how to apply. Starting Feb. 14, the agency will also offer daily virtual office hours to answer questions and assist applicants. This outreach is targeted to Mississippi-based artists, arts organizations and other nonprofit organizations. Events are free and open to the public unless otherwise noted.
The “Meet the MAC” schedule is as follows:
- Monday, Jan. 17, from 3:30 – 4:30 p.m. – Webinar in partnership with the Mississippi Presenters Network.
- Monday, Jan. 24, from 12 – 1:30 p.m. – Hybrid event with webinar and limited in-person capacity of 15 people held at the Delta Blues Museum in Clarksdale. Pre-register for the in-person event: www.surveymonkey.com/r/PQDT2HY
- Monday, Jan. 24, from 5 – 6 p.m. – Webinar with a focus on Artist Roster and Teaching Artist Roster application
- Tuesday, Jan. 25, from 12 – 1 p.m. – Gumtree Museum of Art in Tupelo
- Monday, Jan. 31, from 5:30 – 6:30 p.m. – Desoto County Arts Council in Hernando
- Monday, Feb. 7, from 12 – 1 p.m. – Friends of Arts, Culture and Education (FACE) in Ocean Springs. Outdoor event; lunch provided.
- Tuesday, Feb. 8, from 6 – 7 p.m. – Hattiesburg Community Arts Center in partnership with Hattiesburg Arts Council.
First-time applicants are especially encouraged to attend an event or participate in a webinar. For more information on these events, including information to access webinars, please visit the MAC website at arts.ms.gov/grants. Please contact MAC at (601) 359-6030 if you have any questions.
Contact: Anna Ehrgott | Communications Director | firstname.lastname@example.org | (601) 359-6030