JACKSON, MISS. – January 8, 2019 – The Mississippi Arts Commission will host a series of presentations titled, “Meet the MAC – Grants 101,” an overview of the agency’s grant programs at locations around the state. The program is targeted to Mississippi-based artists, arts organizations and other nonprofit organizations. Events are free and open to the public.
The schedule is as follows:
- Friday, January 11 – Starkville Community Theatre, 108 E. Main Street, Starkville – 5:30 p.m. This event takes place in conjunction with the Starkville Area Arts Council’s Business Skills Workshop Series.
- Friday, January 18 – MSU/Riley Performing Arts & Education Center, 2200 Fifth Street, Meridian – 12 p.m. This event takes place in conjunction with the Mississippi Theatre Association’s Annual Conference.
- Thursday, January 24 – Ohr-O’Keefe Museum of Art, 386 Beach Boulevard, Biloxi – 5 p.m.
- Friday, January 25 – BancorpSouth Conference Center, 387 E. Main St., Tupelo – 2 p.m. This event takes place in conjunction with Whole Schools Initiative Winter Institute.
- Thursday, January 31 – Parkway United Methodist Church, 2420 Hardy Street, Hattiesburg – 5:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, February 5 – MAC Webinar – 12 p.m. Registration details below.
At each session, MAC staff will present an overview of the agency’s grant programs and other services, followed by a question and answer session with MAC staff. Applications will be accepted between Jan. 15 and March 1. First-time applicants are especially encouraged to attend. Please contact MAC at (601) 359-6030 if you have any questions.
For those who cannot attend one of the presentations in person, MAC will offer a webinar with call-in and online options. To register for the webinar, please contact Diane Williams at (601) 359-6529 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Contact: Diane Williams | Director of Grants | email@example.com | (601) 359-6529