MAC Grants Open, Agency to Host Virtual “Office Hours”
JACKSON, MISS. – February 8, 2021 – The Mississippi Arts Commission is now accepting applications for its annual grant programs, and to assist grant applicants, the agency will host a series of virtual “Office Hours.” Grant applications will be accepted until the deadline of Monday, March 1.
Grants available for individuals include Artist Fellowships, Individual Project Grants and Folk Arts Apprenticeships. Individual artists may also apply for the MAC Artist Roster and Teaching Artist Roster. Grants available for organizations include Project Grants and Operating Grants.
The “Office Hours” virtual meetings with MAC staff will be held Monday thru Friday from Feb. 8 to Feb. 26 from 11 a.m. – 12 p.m. These presentations are geared toward grant applicants and will present specific aspects of the application process as well as offer opportunities for questions and answers. Free and open to the public, this outreach is targeted to Mississippi-based artists, arts organizations and other nonprofit organizations.
The weekly “Office Hours” schedule is as follows:
- Monday, Feb. 8, 15, and 22 from 11 a.m. – 12 p.m. – Arts Industry Organizations and Literary Artists, presented by MAC’s Arts Industry Director Kristen Brandt
- Tuesday, Feb. 9, 16, and 23 from 11 a.m. – 12 p.m. – Visual Artists, presented by MAC’s Arts Special Initiatives Director Victoria Meek
- Wednesday, Feb. 10, 17, and 24 from 11 a.m. – 12 p.m. – Folk and Traditional Arts Organizations and Artists + Film, presented by MAC’s Folk and Traditional Arts Director Maria Zeringue
- Thursday, Feb. 11, 18, and 25 from 11 a.m. – 12 p.m. – Arts Based Community Development Organizations + Theatre and Performing Arts, presented by MAC’s Arts Based Community Development Director Leslie Barker
- Friday, Feb. 12, 19, and 26 from 11 a.m. – 12 p.m. – Arts Education and Teaching Artist Roster, presented by Arts Education Director Charlotte Smelser
First-time applicants are especially encouraged to attend an “Office Hours” virtual meeting. For meeting details, please visit the MAC website at https://arts.ms.gov/grants/. Please contact MAC at (601) 359-6030 if you have any questions.