JACKSON, MISS. – The Mississippi Arts Commission is now accepting applications for its annual grant programs, and to assist grant applicants, the agency will host a series of presentations and webinars. Grant applications will be accepted until the deadline of Monday, March 2.
Titled “Meet the MAC,” presentations will take place in locations around the state offering an overview of the agency’s grants and information on how to apply. Starting Jan. 29, the agency will offer weekly webinars to guide grant applicants through specific aspects of the application process. This outreach is targeted to Mississippi-based artists, arts organizations and other nonprofit organizations. Events are free and open to the public unless otherwise noted.
The “Meet the MAC” schedule is as follows:
- Friday, January 24 – Mississippi Arts and Entertainment Experience (the MAX), 2155 Front Street, Meridian – 5:30 p.m. This event takes place in conjunction with the exhibit preview of Heal the Knife that Cuts the Wound and is open only to MAX members.
- Wednesday, January 29 – Webinar “MAC Grants: Tips, Budgets & Best Practices” – 12-12:45 p.m. Login and call-in details are below.
- Wednesday, February 5 – Webinar “MAC Grants: Making Work Samples Work for You” – 12-12:45 p.m. Login and call-in details are below.
- Wednesday, February 12 – Lynn Meadows Discovery Center, 246 Dolan Ave. Gulfport – 12 p.m. Bring your own lunch (BYOL) to this Meet the MAC presentation in the WINGS Performing Arts Center.
- Wednesday, February 12 – Webinar “MAC Grants: Telling Your Story through Narrative” – 12-12:45 p.m. Login and call-in details are below.
First-time applicants are especially encouraged to attend an event or participate in a webinar. To participate in a MAC webinar at the corresponding time listed, visit https://msarts.clickmeeting.com/webinar or call (832) 706-2490. Enter PIN 225839# to access the webinar. Please contact MAC at (601) 359-6030 if you have any questions.
Contact: Melody Moody Thortis | Director of Grants | email@example.com | (601) 359-6030