JACKSON, MISS. – December 7, 2017 – The Mississippi Arts Commission will host a series of “Meet the MAC” presentations on the agency’s grant programs at locations around the state. The program is targeted to Mississippi-based artists, arts organizations and other nonprofit organizations. Events are free and open to the public. Registration is not required.
The schedule is as follows:
- Friday, Dec. 8, Hancock Performing Arts Center, 7140 Stennis Airport Rd., Kiln, 6-7 p.m.
- Tuesday, Dec. 12, Columbus Arts Council, 501 Main St., Columbus, 5-7 p.m.
- Wednesday, Dec. 13, Union County Historical Museum, 114 Cleveland St., New Albany, 6-7 p.m.
- Friday, Dec. 15, Natchez Museum of African-American History and Culture, 301 Main St., Natchez, 6-7 p.m.
- Tuesday, Jan. 9, Museum of the Mississippi Delta, 1608 Highway 82 W, Greenwood, 5-7 p.m.
- Friday, Jan. 12, Chahta Immi Cultural Center, 101 Industrial Rd, Choctaw, time TBD
- Tuesday, Jan. 16, Conference call presentation, 10-11 a.m.
- Friday, Jan. 26, Back Stage Pass Conference, 375 E Main St., Tupelo, 5-7 p.m.
At each session, MAC staff will present an overview of the agency’s grant programs and other services as well as information on the agency’s new eGrant system, an online application platform. Applicants for MAC grants are now required to submit an application and supplementary materials through the eGrant system. Therefore, the “Meet the MAC” information series will be useful to all interested in MAC’s programs, even organizations or individuals with much previous experience with the agency. The deadline to apply for MAC grants is March 1, 2018. First-time as well as experienced applicants are encouraged to attend.
For those who cannot attend one of the presentations in person, MAC will offer a conference call session on Tuesday, Jan. 16, 2018. Registration is required for the conference call; please contact Diane Williams at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Details regarding additional “Meet the MAC” sessions as well as a conference call presentation will be announced via MAC’s website and social media channels at a later date. Questions about the sessions should be directed to MAC at (601) 359-6030.
Contact: Diane Williams | Director of Grants | email@example.com | (601) 359-6529